Cheesy garlic bread is so simple to make with loads of cheese and that soft bread on the inside with the crunchy crust on the outside. This is a family favorite for sure!
One of my popular breads readers are loving is my basic garlic bread recipe. Garlic bread is perfect for any Italian dinner or on its own!
Cheesy Garlic Bread
Slice it and pull it with all the cheese flavor and goodness in every piece. This cheesy garlic bread will be gone in minutes and taste AMAZING warm. This is one of our favorite garlic breads to make and so simple to put together. It is full of cheese and one of the BEST breads out there. Complete a meal with this garlic bread on the side of this classic baked spaghetti or chicken parmesan casserole dinner meals. These two Italian recipes are complimented perfectly with this cheesy garlic bread.
Cheesy Garlic Bread Ingredients:
- French Bread: I like the kind from the grocery store bakery that has the fresh bread ready to purchase. Cut in half long ways for the bread to be showing.
- Butter: Salted and softened to spread over top the bread halves.
- Garlic Powder: Adds a blend of garlic flavoring in the butter spread.
- Garlic cloves: Cloves of minced garlic adds a little bit of texture and adds to the butter and cheese.
- Italian seasoning: Every garlic bread needs Italian seasoning. It has the perfect combination of seasons all in one bottle.
- Colby Jack Cheese and Mozzarella Cheese: Melt the best under high temperature and also have that Italian cheese blend taste.
- Parley: Chopped for garnish for color and flavor!
How to Make Homemade Cheesy Garlic Bread:
- Prepare bread: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut your French bread loaf lengthwise and place on top of a baking sheet.
- Combine butter spread: In a small bowl combine softened butter, garlic powder, minced garlic, Italian seasoning and shredded cheese.
- Butter and cheese: Spread evenly on each side of the garlic bread. Top with Colby and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake cheesy garlic bread: Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes until butter is melted and bubbly.
The Recipe Critic Pro Tip:
You can also broil the top for 1-2 minutes at the end to give it a more crisp top.
Tips for Making Cheesy Garlic Bread:
- Spray the baking sheet lightly before adding the bread halves.
- Add red pepper flakes, paprika or jalapeños to the butter spread for a more spicy bread.
- You do not need to cover the bread when you bake it. If you notice it baking too quickly, add a tent looking aluminum foil to prevent from over baking too fast.
- It is best to serve warm but patiently wait a few minutes before slicing and serving.
More Cheesy Bread to Try:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut your French bread loaf lengthwise and place on top of a baking sheet.
In a small bowl combine softened butter, garlic powder, minced garlic, Italian seasoning and shredded cheese. Spread evenly on each side of the garlic bread. Top with Colby and mozzarella cheese.
Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes until butter is melted an bubbly. You can also broil the top for 1-2 minutes at the end to give it a more crisp top.
Garnish with fresh chopped parsley if desired.
Calories237kcal (12%)Carbohydrates20g (7%)Protein9g (18%)Fat14g (22%)Saturated Fat8g (40%)Cholesterol38mg (13%)Sodium364mg (15%)Potassium67mg (2%)Fiber1g (4%)Sugar1g (1%)Vitamin A409IU (8%)Vitamin C1mg (1%)Calcium143mg (14%)Iron1mg (6%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
Course Bread, Side Dish
Cuisine Italian, Italian American
Keyword bread, cheesy garlic bread, garlic bread